Demolition. Construction site. Fixer-upper. These words might not be in your best interest, but remodeling your kitchen might be the best space to add value to your home.
As trends come and go, you want to make sure that trend will be able to grow over the next decade, not just the next few years. Trends don’t necessarily have to be what’s hot at the moment but rather choose trends that will bring value and life into your home.
The kitchen is where everyone hangs out, so you’ll want to create a space that is welcoming and cheerful.
Here are 6 kitchen trends that you can’t go wrong with.
- White and Bright. White cabinets seemed to come and go, but it seems they are here to stay. It’s just not cabinets either, the white trend is going all white throughout the entire kitchen. This includes countertops, backsplash, and tile flooring. Layering white on white is the top choice of 67% of National Kitchen and Bath Assocation members. Having an all white kitchen allows you to transition the décor from transitional and contemporary styles.
- Grey and Neutral. Opposite from white and bright, you could warm up the space with a neutral grey color throughout. The color grey within a kitchen could be paired with warm materials such as wood cabinets and colors like reds and yellows.
- Quartz versus Granite. Why should you choose quartz over granite countertops? It is more cost efficient and resists to scratches, burns and chips. Granite countertops are very high maintenance and have to be properly cleaned in order to keep them in pristine condition.
- LED Lighting. LED lighting is making a statement in some of the most gorgeous kitchens. You can choose from a selection of colors and creative concept comes into the picture with where you place them. LED lights are great because they don’t heat and can be on for a longer period of time without having to worry about burning a cabinet or wall.
- Touch Activation. Incorporating touch activation into your kitchen makes a world a difference. You will invest in this item for your kitchen sink, but there will be no more mess when cooking!
- Out with the old and in with the new. Remember when your refrigerator was placed on the opposite side of the island or your dishwasher opened up into a cabinet? Those days are gone. Plan out where your new appliances will go such as your deep drawers for storage, oven and counter space.
As you’re planning out your new kitchen, try and consider these trends to keep your kitchen fresh, up-to-date and easy to turn around and sell if you need to!