Kitchen designers, like Houzz’s Barbra Bright, employ special details in their kitchen remodels in order to create beautiful spaces that also consider functionality. In her recent article, she discusses outlet placement, lighting secrets, appliance tricks, and zoning. Check out seven of the tips below and consider using them to improve kitchen design.
1. Install under cabinet plug molding
2. Consider pop-up outlets that disappear into the counters
3. Create a charging station drawer
4. Hide appliances, like a dishwasher, with paneling
5. Provide task lighting under cabinets too
6. Account for lid storage in drawers for pots
7. Countersink screws to eliminate future scratches on cabinetry